.

.

14 October 2014

ready to hexie again

a day or so ago i presented a box of flower hexies and thought my stash was enough.
today still armed with a Clover template and even more hexies with a different colour scheme i am happy to begin.
no flowers please...
i have made and loved flowers for some years now. crocheted. embroidered. i love that you can plant the seeds but that is all. it is the word of our God that endures for ever.
no i want splodges and a dash of colour to join it all together.
i found an answer in the way i printed the Clover hexie templates on to copy paper. i am sure it isn't new and no mention of size, pieces or backing.
just two colours in one block.
here is my pink block, i think i will need four rows.



the other colours are blue polka dot, red check, and green check. as an afterthought i went over to amazon uk to find some darker green check, because i think this green is too light against the other colours. also this is flat but it looks rounded. and then it really does get in the way, i took that top one out and sewed it on a different seam, and still no good.


thank you for coming over to visit. i am linking today's post with Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts.



with love,
xx

5 comments:

  1. I love hexies but after making 2 flower quilts I want to make something else with hexies. I may just have to have a play around and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! These are sure cute! Love your fabric choices, Jacqui. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a real weakness for hexies myself. They are my to go to project for on road trips. I look forward to seeing it come together further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your fresh take on the hexies. Colorful, too. I invite you to link to Hexie Weekend to share this new way to set them.

    ReplyDelete